The Syria Lebanon Partnership Network
The Syria-Lebanon Partnership Network of the PC(USA) brings together Presbyterians from around the United States to facilitate partnerships with churches and church-related ministries in Syria and Lebanon. The network also provides a place for US Presbyterians to share information and coordinate their efforts. Priorities of the network include supporting the capacity of the church in Syria and Lebanon, supporting leadership development and theological education, and working towards God's just peace in the region.
The mission of the Syria Lebanon Partnership Network (SLPN) is to covenant together to:
- Pray with and for the people of Syria and Lebanon in a time of war and uncertainty;
- Listen to the concerns of all parties in the region;
- Partner with our brothers and sisters in Syria and Lebanon as they strive to live out their witness to Jesus Christ;
- Inform, educate, and equip PC(USA) members, churches, and friends for active engagement;
- Create relationships and partnerships between PC(USA) congregations and National Evangelical Synod of Syria and Lebanon (NESSL), its churches and institutions;
- Advocate for PC(USA) and U.S. policies that promote peace, justice, reconciliation, and development in the area;
- Raise funds through membership pledges, gifts from churches and individuals, for the work of the SLPN and to support NESSL relief work and support with Syrian refugees both within Lebanon and for those remaining in Syria.